Halloween Makeup Tutorial – Jane Iredale
With Halloween less than a week away, it’s time to crack down and decide on a costume if you haven’t already! At Barry Lycka MD & Associates, we appreciate all the amazing, intricate Halloween makeup looks out there, but we can’t help but consider the damage that cheap makeup is doing to the skin.
We love that the Jane Iredale blog highlights some fabulous (and spooky) Halloween makeup tutorials using their own mineral makeup products. This way, you’re not only going to be the envy of the party with your Spooktacular look, but you’re also not clogging your pores with dense face paint or cheap makeup.
Here is one of our favourites from the Jane Iredale Halloween blog!
Image via Jane Iredale
DIY Skeleton Makeup
- Apply BB1 Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream to the face, neck and décolletage.
- Press White PurePressed Eye Shadow to emphasize the white ‘skeletal’ base.
- Contour the cheekbones using Onyx Mystikol Eyeliner.
- Blend the line downwards with Velvet PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation.
- Apply the Velvet PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation to the hairline, jawline, sides of the nose and under the bottom lip.
- Draw a triangle on the bottom of the nose with two small lines pointing up to the forehead using Black Liquid Eyeliner. Then, use the liner to draw a line from the end of the lips to the end of your contour and add diagonal lines over your lips and the lines you already drew on.
- Set the black triangle on the nose with Ebony PurePressed Base.
- Apply Onyx Mystikol from lash line to crease, and rim the under eye. Blend the liner with Velvet PurePressed Base.
- Double the darkness by applying Double Espresso PurePressed Eye Shadow to the inner corners of the eyes. Pull the colour up to where your eyebrows meet the bridge of your nose.
- Fill in eyebrows with the GreatShape Eyebrow Kit.
Be safe in the street and for your skin this Halloween with Jane Iredale! To learn more about the products we offer at Barry Lycka MD & Associates, book a consultation online or call 780.425.1212.