Learn More About the “Vampire” Facelift
Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP
Sometimes called the “Vampire Facelift”, the PRP procedure is gaining wide popularity across North America. This procedure uses your own blood to refresh your skin, smooth fine lines and wrinkles, and produce new collagen.
How it Works
A small amount of blood is drawn from your arm. The blood is placed in a centrifuge and spun so that it separates. After 15 minutes, we take the PRP from the centrifuge and inject it into the skin.
The platelet-rich plasma stimulates new collagen to form at the injection site because it is enriched with platelets, stem cells and proteins that stimulate growth. Essentially, the plasma tricks your body into creating new collagen!
What to expect:
- Improved skin complexion, texture, and tone
- Vibrant, fresh, and young looking skin
- Softened fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin that looks more plump and smooth
Results are usually visible within 3 weeks and gradually improve over time.
The many benefits of PRP:
- Tissue is regenerated and rejuvenated
- Collagen production increases
- It is non-allergenic
- PRP can be combined with other aesthetic treatments
- It is simple, convenient and causes very minimal discomfort
Before and After PRP: