If you are a woman, you’re likely familiar with stretch marks.
What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are bright pink, reddish or pigmented streaks that are visible on your skin. They most often occur on ‘fatty’ places on your body, such as the abdomen, back, arms, breasts, buttocks, and thighs.
Most often, when we hear about stretch marks, we think of pregnant women. However, stretch marks can be caused by the following:
- Weight gain
- Medication use
- Rare adrenal gland diseases or Cushing’s syndrome
What puts me at risk of stretch marks?
- Pregnancy, particularly for younger women or those who have large babies
- Having a family history of stretch marks
- Using corticosteroid medication
- Rapidly losing or gaining weight
How to treat stretch marks?
Unfortunately, stretch marks are stubborn, and there is no treatment on the planet that can completely guarantee their removal. However, there are several methods that Dr. Lycka uses to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, including:
- CO2 laser therapy
- Profractional Treatment
- New Product! Stratamark®
is a treatment and prevention of all types of stretch marks resulting from pregnancy, adolescent growth spurts, weight gain/loss or bodybuilding.
- Clinically proven efficacy
- Reduction in visibility
- Reduces redness and discoloration
- Relieves itching
Reduce the look of stretch marks to reveal a more confident you. Book your appointment with Barry Lycka MD & Associates