Many of us have tattoos that we may not care for anymore.
The Medlite laser removes tattoo ink with the energy of light. The laser is designed to pass through the skin, but break up the ink in your skin. The ink is then re-absorbed and flushed out using your body’s natural processes. This way we can remove the tattoo, without disrupting the surrounding skin.
Here is some important information:
- On average, professional tattoos require 6-8 treatments, all spaced approximately 6-8 weeks apart. The number of treatments required will depend on the amount and type of ink used.
- Dark ink colors (blue, black) and red resolve the best. Orange and purples fade as well. Green and yellow ink can be the most difficult to treat.
- In many cases, the tattoo will completely disappear. However, because many different types of ink are used in tattoo-art, it is impossible for any doctor to guarantee the complete removal of a tattoo.
- The process feels a bit like the snap of a small rubber band on the skin. Topic anesthesia creams are available if you’d like one.
- Move forward with your life without worrying about past regrets. Contact Dr. Lycka for all your tattoo removal needs.
Before and After Tattoo Removal:
If you have a tattoo that you would like to remove, come in for a consultation with Dr. Lycka.